The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. The worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd at Edgewater Alliance Church.
This is a full-time, salaried position requiring 40-50 hours per week.
Worship Team Leadership:
- Recruit and build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Edgewater Alliance Church.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Introduce our worship team to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Plan major seasonal worship opportunities- Christmas and Easter Seasons.
- Plan the corporate worship services of EAC in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
Executive Team Leadership:
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers
- Opportunities for speaking into the larger direction of EAC
- Pastoral duties that may include pastoral care, preaching, teaching, counseling, funerals, weddings etc.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services
- Build contacts and relationships with local
musicians for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Teammates and support: Other Pastoral and administrative staff
- Recruit, Train, and Develop: Volunteers
- Encourage, Empower, and Equip: Vocalists, Musicians, and Tech Team
- Disciplemaking: Investing your life in to others
Knowledge & Skill
- Creativity and innovative thinking about leading worship though music and the arts
- Flexible and organized with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Works well with a team; demonstrates effective leadership through teams and effective at delegation
- Able to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Able to effectively articulate messages and communicate with a variety of people and audience size
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, ProPresenter, and video projection systems
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude and willingness to fully engage in new ministry initiatives
- Godly character and a Christ-Centered life
- A clear calling to lead others in worship
- Commitment to moral purity
- Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of Edgewater Alliance Church
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of full-time worship ministry experience